Sunday, April 10, 2011

Try something new: Watercolour painting

My interest for watercolour is growing after I cleaned out my art drawers yesterday=P I found my old watercolour cases and it brought back old memories^^

I have always liked watercolours, because of childhood memories...we used it alot in school and I had a couple watercolour pans meself^^ But my fascination for watercolour faded with the years.
Partially because of the technique. It seemed hard to master and it could get messy with all the water and paint. Being a lazy person myself, I would have hated to clean up after finishing painting-.-
So I resorted to safer mediums; colour pencils and softwares.


Image (c) Wfeng
Here's my favourite paintcase! One of the reasons is because of the case itselfxD
Can't remember how old it is, but I got it when I was in elementary school and it's still not empty0.o

Inside:P My fave is the magenta colour^^ 

The interest grew more when I saw all the beautiful watercolour arts on DeviantArt! Being inspired, I'm going to buy some watercolour supplies first! Hm..maybe I will take an art supplies shopping tomorrow or friday? It has been a long time since the last one-.-,


Although I painted just for fun, on a beginner level. I think deep inside me I always wanted to master it to a certain degree...I don't mean to paint like Michelangelo, but to the level where I feel confident with it, like with colour pencils.


- Wfeng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...